Saturday, May 03, 2003

Went out with friends

Yup, was a full day yesterday, was out since morning until not-very-late. Was Ming’s bday yesterday! Happy Birthday! We got her what she wanted, a 5566 VCD thingy and a Bloom lip gloss in Babycake. Yay! We can both wear the Bloom lip glosses to work; I’m using PinkPink. Very sweet colour. Yup.. hope Ming’s Babycake suits her; the color wasn’t chosen by me, but by the counter person, so it should be pretty good. :) *loves Bloom and it’s gorgeous lip colors. Oh, oh… I am the new Bloom spokesperson for PinkPink lip gloss :), will show you guys the photo later. :)

So… went out Shopping again in the morning with Sam. Yes, Shopping has a capital ‘S’. It’s that important. Hee. Uh…went to VNC first thing to buy some new shoes. Liked this butterfly strappy sandal, think that it was featured in Cleo mag a couple of months ago? Yup, tried it and bought it. Actually wanted to buy the Charles and Keith sandals, but it didn’t look too nice; besides, I love butterflies, so this pair of sandals are great. Went home to check Cleo mag though, but realised that the pair I bought wasn’t the one featured in the mag, though they both have butterfly motifs. *Shrug. Saw many other shoes I would love to buy, but think if I went home with more than one pair of shoes, the parentals will be displeased. Especially since I bought a pair of black sandals a couple of months ago… so, yeah.

Oh I saw Jeremy! Hahha… don’t think he recognises me, though he was looking at me as if, uh, he recognises me. Hee. Or maybe that wasn’t Jeremy? Hmmm.

Hmmm. What then? Oh yeah, went to Mango at Raffles City. Think they have a whole new range of clothes which was not featured in last season’s catalogue. Anyway, I LOVE FLIPPY UP SKIRTS! Tried on this blue tube (that doesn’t make me look skinny. Yay!) and a white and blue thin stripes cheerleader style skirt. I love the skirt! And the way it flips around everytime I walk around. But it’s a whooping 73 bucks… am too poor to afford it. Maybe will wait till sale? *Happy. Also tried on this ankle length skirt which also has a flippy bottom. Nice… but, uh, will have to wear a special sort of undergarment. Yup.

Then went to Orchard as needed to go to Triumph. But in the end, ended up at Mango at Wisma Isetan. Tried on a lot of clothes! :) You know you have days where you don’t feel like trying on clothes, but days where you go crazy and try every single piece of clothing you set your eyes on? Yup, it was try everything on day. Tried mostly flippy skirts in different designs. Found that some of these skirts and dresses are torn. *angry. Does not like irresponsible people who can’t wear these sizes and tore it, and not inform the counter person! If you can’t wear a smaller size, don’t wear it. If you misjudged, and tore the clothes, please tell the sales person! What imbeciles. Ah well, enough ranting. I realised that my style is very school teacher-ish, or sweet-ish. I cannot carry off anything sexy or daring. I have to stick to nice skirts and cute little tops. Arrrgghh. Am forever stuck in a kid’s upper body!

Food time! Am hungry as didn’t eat much of a breakfast. Went to Yoshinoya. Guess who I saw!!! WeiYuan! *Happy. Haven’t seen him in a looonng time! Yeah. It’s so funny how we met. I was walking to the other aisle of Yoshinoya to see if there were more seats and I walked past Yuan without noticing him. Yeah, Christine the oblivious. Heard someone calling me and I looked around and saw him, uh, beside me! Hahaha… He thought I forgot his name…Lol. How could I forget? Talked a little then went back to Sam, who went to order. Yuan then came over to our table and we talked. He’s going for an interview for the Law faculty later! Another overachiever! Hahah.. Then Sam came back with the food. Yup. And Yuan was like, we should exchange our numbers. And he’s so evil!!! I was typing my number to his cell (and a very nice one at that :)) and he’s like ‘Hope people don’t think I’m trying to get your number or hit on you or anything. Like I’m blind’ *Hmmpphh! Lol.

Then walked around a little, Zara. I’ve decided for this season that I like Mango more than Zara. Zara is in this colourful clothes mood, much like Gwen Stefani’s street punk style. Saw this absolutely gross and dreadful looking pair of faded multi coloured shorts. It’s damn gross, I tell you. Looks like what those homeless people might wear…dirty, faded, garish, and looks as though it might smell bad. And guess how much it is? 48 bucks! I’m not kidding you. It’s really horrid. Wonder who would pay 48 bucks for a disgusting piece of clothing like that. You could go to Pasar Malams and get better clothing than that. Ewww…

Walked around more…and went to Forum to buy the Elderflower Eye Gel!! The person at Scotts was nice enough to call up and check for us. And Forum was the closest one with the eye gel still. Sam was nice enough to buy another bottle so that we could get 10% off. Heh, cheapo Christine :)

Then went to meet the guys for dinner at Nooch. Had to go back to CityLink. Stopped by VNC again so Sam can get a pair of shoes. And I saw a really pretty tribal style necklace at Six so bought it! :) So nice… can wear it to work on Monday. *Pleased.

Um…Nooch. Quite a number of us were there. Me, Ben, Aaron, YanMei, Sam, Ming, SL, Lucas, Mike, Sandra, Kingsley, Kok. Ate the prawn Ramen which wasn’t very nice, eh…b/c SL decided to play chef and put a large amount of chili oil in my soup. But I could take it… I love chili. :) And shared the Mango sticky rice desert with SL. Hmmm. Yeah, then all of us bummed around, walking. Wanted to watch XMen2 but it’s too late for some of them so didn’t in the end. Oh… saw Peifang as well! Haven’t seen her in a long time too! :)

**I make no apologies as to what I’m about to write**

I was a little disturbed throughout the entire dinner. It always seem that way when I’m with the clique. I never feel that way when I go out with the class alone; it’s like I’ll always have fun and will always be part of the conversation when I go out with the rest of the class alone. But when there’s class gatherings or dinners, and my clique is going as well, I’ll feel an obligation to stick to my clique. Firstly, when this happens, our clique gets isolated from the rest of the class, and it’s like we are out of all the on going conversation. And I do not like that, I feel that when we are out with the class, we should talk to the rest of the class, and not within the clique itself.

Don’t get me wrong. I love my friends and love to talk to them. But this is a class gathering, we should hang out with the rest of the class, not within ourselves, right? Secondly, one thing I like about hanging out with the rest of the class compared to the clique is the fact that I get included in all the conversation that is going on. They do not have secret conversations on the side or anything. It makes the whole gathering fun, as everyone is talking, and everyone is included in the conversation. Like the last time I was out with Lucas, Aaron, Pea, Joce and Kenneth. I do not know a couple of them very well, but I had a good time, b/c I was included in all that they are talking about.

But when I’m with the clique, I feel isolated. They’ll be at the side having secret conversations, and when I go up to them and ask what’s up, they’ll burst to giggles and not tell me anything. Then continue on the conversation. I’m ok with that, but not when it happens so many times. I went to talk to Ben; he’s a pal, but think YanMei wasn’t too happy when I talked to Ben. *shrug. Could have talked to the rest of the guys, but some of them went home, so only a few of us were there.

Which was why decided to go home early and not go to the Esplanade with them. When the 2 of them walked away and thought it was funny to leave me alone there, I just snapped, and decided I had enough of it.

Maybe it’s a sign that I wasn’t so suited to the clique, but with the rest of the class instead?

Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home