Friday, May 02, 2003

Downloaded Justin Timberlake's rendition of 'Leaving on a jet plane'. Pretty nice, actually. But it's more on a positive uplifting note than a sad, melancholic one. Kind of jazzy-pop-ish feel. Feels good to listen to it, although I thought the start of the song was quite cheesy. 'This is the final boarding call...'. Like, ugh, it's lame.

Annnyway, Kok smsed to say he's taking his SATs now... ugh. Am reminded of the last time I did the SATs. Don't even know why I did it the second time; got worse results than the first. Suppose it's just how competitive I am... heh.. cause I heard Lucas got 1400, and I got 1350. Haha... and the SATs was just one uh...subject I can win my overachiever cousin at. Yup, he got lower grades than me for SATs. *evil laughter... Hah! He's not that great after all!

Speaking about overachiever cousin... well, sometimes it's horrid to have someone the same age as you, but doing so well in terms of curriculum. That's overachiever cousin. 4 As. Distinction for S paper. A for GP. Yuch... I am so disgusted with him. Is there anything Q doesn't do well? Only the SATs, I suppose. So anyway, grandmother was talking about him, and how he's in NS now and has attained officer-ship... er.. or something like that. Is that possible? I mean, he'd just got into NS and he's an officer now? Sounds incredulous. So grandnother was going on about him, how her friends were like 'Oh, your grandson is wonderful, so smart and stuff', right in front of me. I mean, I don't mind it in the sense that I know she isn't doing this deliberately to hurt me or anything. But it's like she forgot that I took my A levels as well. It's like she forgot that I did pretty ok as well. It's like it's only Q that matters, and he's the jewel in the family's crown or something.

*sigh.

Ah well. Oh, I forgot, happy birthday to YX. Yup, YX was one of my good guy friends in secondary school. Him and ZH. It was his bday yesterday, and I wanted to sms SiewLee to remind her. So I went 'Oil box's bday is today!' Hahaha... we used to call him oil box b/c if you play around with the hanyu pinyin of his name, you get 'oil box', which, to us, was pretty funny. :) Heh, the smallest things make us laugh. So I wanted to send the message to SiewLee, but I ended senting it to YX instead! Haha... it's so funny. He remembers the nick. Hee.

Anyway, gotta go eat something, pretty hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home