Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Some things are a little skewed this month

1. Why am I suddenly listening to chinese pop songs again? I have stopped listening to chinese pop songs since I was in Primary 6 (let's see... 7 years ago?), so what's up with the sudden chinese pop song craze? What's even scarier is I'm not even downloading songs that are new or anything. I'm downloading old songs. You know, those CD adverts on tv that go 'Huai Jiu Jing Qu!', which roughly translates to 'Reminiscing old songs!'. You know CD adverts, they'll go 'featuring songs like...' and I'd go 'Ooo.. that song is nice!'. This scares me. It is an indication that I'm old. I'm an old girl listening to old chinese pop songs. While people like Faye Wong reinvents herself and comes up with weird sounding songs. Anyhow, the last chinese pop song I downloaded was Kit Chan's 'Xing Tong' (Heartache), which is featured on this Chinese golden oldies CD. I'm getting old and chinese-ish.

2. I'm getting weird signals that tell me Faye Wong is actually Madonna in disguise. Each time I see Faye, I blurt out there's Madonna Faye Wong! I don't know what this is about either. Don't ask me. Well, if you ask me, it's Faye's diabolical attempt to brainwash the public she's Madonna. Although why she wants to do that, I don't know. After Maddy's little stint with Britney, it's hard to understand why.

3. A strange urge to study Statistics overwhelms me everytime I start planning for the Dec holidays. It goes something like... 'Okay, I have a meeting at 10, then another at 3. What shall I do if I have extra time?'. And the answer will always be bizarrely 'Maybe I should start studying statistics' and not 'maybe I should find some friends to hang out', which actually will be the saner answer. Bleag. Get thee away from me, evil influence of Statistics. I will NOT be brainwashed.

4. I'm in crush with Carlos Spencer. Wait, that's not weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home