Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Gaahhh! Am in the office right now. Guess what, the computer at my original table has broken down, and now I have to take up a new table. AT.THE.FRONT.OF.THE.OFFICE. It’s cubicle-less, so everyone can actually see what I’m doing now? Yeah. Eh I don’t care, in fact. The worse thing is that this ‘table’ I’m sitting at is actually not a workstation, it’s the counter of the Civil Engineering Office. *Feels like receptionist. Actually, come to think of it, it’s pretty cool. Yeeeeah. Right.

What a monologue.

Anyway, it's raining outside now. I love rain, but I wished I was somewhere else, not here in the office. It's the kind of rain I like, not the drizzling type, not the fierce thunderstorms ones either. It's the kind of rain that will last for hours, from the afternoon until late at night. It's a steady stream of pattering rain. Hits the windowpanes, and trickles down in a slowly. And when you look out from the window, there's this mist hovering about, such that you can't see clearly, only vague outlines. Vague car like shapes slowly crawling on the roads. Blurry people carrying umbrellas, and hunched towards the direction of the rain. In the distance, you faintly see the outlines of the building, and lights flicker on. You can't really see the building, but you can see the lights. There's a kind of romance about the entire scene. Makes me feel wistful. Makes me think what people are doing now.

What are you doing now? Are you in one of those buildings, looking out too? Are you in one of those rooms where the light is on? Are you one of the blurry figures on the sidewalk?

Gee. Am getting kind of romantic there huh?

Anyway, I guess it's one of the reasons why I like where I'm sitting. The counter place. It might have a lot of cons (AND IT HAS!) but I can look out, and it faces the port area. I can see the sea and it's beautiful. Beautiful in a uh... industrial kind of way, I guess.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home