Thursday, July 31, 2003

Hey, you're home at last

was what Alex told me today when I got home.

Have I been away for so long?

Thursday| Tiiiiiiired

My OGLs from O week called last night to ‘scold’ me for running off to rag and leaving very little people in my O week group to play the games. I am apologetic, really but I think rag needs people as well. Anyway… was a pretty uneventful day. Actually, it’s uneventful because I can’t remember anything about it.

Oh yeah, today was quite cool cause we had this Jam and Hop publicity thing, and we got to sit up front with Janet to publicise JandH to the entire freshmen group.

Oh yeah again. I asked Rui De about returning him the money for the supper last night, and he’s like, it’s not paid by me, but it’s a treat, so it’s okay. But I was quite insistent, and he told me Wilfred was the one who paid for it, and that it was a treat. I was like, no, it’s so embarrassing, since I don’t know him that well and stuff. And then Rui De was like ‘As embarrassing as the night Keng Leong drove you to Jurong?’

*Dies



Friday| Kurnitz’s Kandy Store. A Play!

Went back to school again. My days are getting predictable. As usual I didn’t join the OG. Sat with the Daer crew. Hmmm. Lots of talks, of which I cannot remember. Talked to SL. Seems like she’s going with EePei’s time table. We are not sharing any same classes, and possibly tutorials. Oh well, we’ll catch up, I’m sure of it.

Hm. Maybe I will subscribe to The Economist and BusinessWeek. *shrug. MingYao says it quite good. I don’t know. I just like the idea of being like reading academic stuff heh. Also, I do not have Time anymore, so I’m gonna get something else. Oh. Maybe I shouldn’t. I still have my reading list to do. Mrs. Dalloway and Waiting for Godot are on the queue. Then it’s Sophie’s World. Grahhh, I do not have time to do anything anymore.

Oh yeah. Met up with Sam dear! :D:D Seems like it’s been ages since I’ve seen her! We took a Mercs cab to Newton to meet her CS friends. (I mentioned Mercs cab, because coincidentally, I took a Mercs cab when I went back to NUS too, heh). Hm. Met the famous Ricardo that she’s been talking about since the camp. I must admit he’s a really really nice person.

Oh guess who I saw at the play. I took 2 steps into the place, and I heard ‘Christine!!!’ and it was Beth! It was really nice of her to call me. I mean, I’ve only been out with her once. I like her top, hahah.

And then, I heard another ‘Christine!!’ and it was Gerry!!! Omg! I haven’t seen her in such a long time, since January this year. And you know the unique Gerry voice, the absolutely delighted kind of greeting. *smile. It’s so nice to see her. She has a different hairstyle now too.

Although I wasn’t in CS, I felt absolutely at home, hahah. The play was very nice; I liked the comic timing and the pitch perfect accents of the actors and actresses.

Then went back to school. Haha… talked to Larry and ZhengWei. Larry reads Agatha Christie too! I must get the Complete Poirot mysteries from him one day, haha. Hmpf. And since when did I become ZhengWei and WeiHerng’s PA? Hahah.



Wednesday| O Week! Many People! A Movie! And I'm envious of Lara Croft's body.

Started the day laaate, as usual, got mum to drive me to school. Then met Val, Larry, WeiHerng and Cheryl at school, where we walked to LT 17 together to meet the rest of the freshies. Larry said we were ‘senior freshies’, heh. Luckily I joined FOC, or I’ll be walking around alone… that’s sad. Anyway, met up with SL and Karen. Karen’s in my group, so we went to the OG together. Anyway, about ¾ of my group was made up of foreigners, from Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan etc etc. That’s quite a bit; I’m not being discriminatory or anything, but it made conversation very difficult. I didn’t know what to say to them. I’m not sure if they understood me either. Hm.

Anywayyy, I didn’t really join them much for the games. Joined one game and went off to rag with the Daer crew. Worked on rag for the rest of the day, then went put in the evening. Met up with the rest of the guys, Larry, WeiHerng, WeiSheng, Robin and Jayce. Cheryl and I went out for dinner with Shirley first, a friend of Cheryl’s, who’s really funny. Hahaha… omg, the ‘salt shake shake’ thing is too funny. We asked Shirley to rate Larry and Jayce. And if she finds either cute, she has to shake either the salt or the pepper. She was like, if I don’t find any cute, I’ll throw the Tabasco sauce on the floor. Lol. And oh yeah, we checked out guys too. Heh.

Anyway, Larry is so the fussy eater! Hmpf. We smsed him to ask him if it’s okay we meet them at Pasta Mania to have dinner, and he said okay. Once the guys reached there, him, Jayce and Robin went off somewhere. We later realised they sneaked off to KFC to eat. Hmpf. According to Larry, he doesn’t eat Italian.

Shopped a bit at PS. I bought this dress from Ebase. It was a totally embarrassing shopping experience. First, Cheryl tried on this top, and when she came out, WeiHerng was like ‘It makes you look fat’. Then she tried this dress. Stepped out and Jayce went ‘Noooo!’ in a horrified tone. Then I was asking them if I should buy the dress I was holding. Jayce asked me how much it was. The conversation went like this.
C - $42
J – And the price after discount?
C – It’s the discounted price already
J – What! It’s so ex!
I think the sales person didn’t really like us. Cause when I went back to get the dress, she wasn’t exactly friendly. In fact, she asked me ‘Where are the guys?’

Watched Tomb Raider – Cradle of Life, which is really nice. Me, Val and Cher were so envious over Angelina J’s body. She’s such a hot babe. Hee. I stayed overnight in school.


Tuesday| Badminton!
Anyhow. Went to play badminton on Tuesday. It was slack day for us, so we didn't go for rag. Had to travel to Hougang *fume. Hahaha... Was there with Cheryl, Jayce, Val, Andy, Juan, KianHo and some other people. A little weird b/c I don't really know the seniors; unlike Val and Cher who went out fishing with them. But it was fun. Haven't played badminton in a long time! Cheryl's such a fantastic badminton player! omg I seriously think she can give the guys there good competition. She's almost as good as Jayce. I think KianHo is a fantastic player. Actually watching the guys play was like watching a match kind of thingy. So exciting.

After that we went to Chomp Chomp at Serangoon Gardens for dinner. The food's alright, I guess. I've never been there before, was my first time. I like the giant sugar cane drink btw, that was soo... good. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home